Experience, Projects and Research Collaborations
- Jan 2018 – Apr 2018: Facebook AI Research, Menlo Park: Marcus Rohrbach
- Jul 2016 – Sep2016: Microsoft Research, Redmond: Dr. Margaret Mitchell
- Oct 2014 – Present: Graduate Student, The Univeristy of Edinburgh
- Apr 2014 – Sep 2014: Xerox Research Centre Europe, France: Dr. Marc Dymetman and Dr. Sriram Venkatapathy
- Apr 2014 – Sep 2014: Sketch Engine, United Kingdom: Dr. Adam Kilgariff
- Oct 2013 – Mar 2014: Microsoft Research, India : Dr. Monojit Choudhury and Dr. Kalika Bali
- Jul 2013 – Sep 2013: Fondazione Bruno Kessler, Italy : Carlo Strapparava and Dr. Vivi Nastase
- Aug 2012 – Oct 2013: Dept. of CIS, University of Melbourne, Australia : Dr. Tim Baldwin and Dr. Paul Cook
- Dec 2012 – Mar 2013: Victoria Research Lab, NICTA, Australia : Dr. Karin Verspoor and Dr. Haibin Liu
- Nov 2010 – May 2011: Artificial Intelligence Group, University of York, United Kingdom : Dr. Suresh Manandhar
- Jul 2008 – Aug 2008: Language Media Search Lab, National University of Singapore, Singapore : Dr. Ming Zhaoyan and Dr. Chua Tat-Seng
Organizer: ACL 2017, Student Research Workshop
PC Member: Social NLP 2016, Ethics in NLP 2017, Social NLP 2017
Reviewer: *SEM 2013, ESSLLI 2015, EMNLP 2015, ESSLLI 2016, *SEM 2016, EMNLP 2016, WiML 2016 , EMNLP 2017, EACL 2017, *SEM 2017
Sub Reviewer: NODALIDA 2015, IJCAI 2016
I worked on word usages patterns over social media for my masters thesis. This is very closely related to Word sense disambguation a well defined natural classification problem.
- Overview of my Thesis Presented by Paul Cook at Technische Universität Darmstadt, May 2014.
- One sense per user work Presented by Tim Baldwin at *SEM 2014 Invited talk, August 2014.
Word sense Disambiguation: A brief introduction to WSD by Eneko Agirre
<–I maintain a list of top NLP conferences along with a friend Bharat Ram Ambati